Grants for project proposals with comprehensive digital marketing and ecommerce activities and justified costings within the range of USD$10,000 – USD$15,000 are highly preferred and offered through this program.
Business challenges in the Pacific have been exacerbated by COVID-19, impacting the uptake of digitisation and e-commerce. Mobile technology can play a pivotal role in the digital transformation of the Pacific Islands, enabling access to variety of services and being catalyst for innovation and economic growth.
The ECommerce Private Sector Grant for Pacific MSMEs is financed by the Republic of Korea through the ROK-PIF Cooperation Fund 2021-2023. The ROK-PIF Cooperation Fund is focused on targeting the Korea market for its Pacific niche products and Pacific destinations that meet particular Korean demographics.
This grant aims to diversify operations and defray business costs of going online; and to assist and provide platforms for SMEs to deliver their goods and services to unlock new income opportunities.
What ECommerce Will It Support?
An application can be in relation to all aspects of operating a business online or e-commerce activity:
- ecommerce website, mobile application to enable online payments or payment gateways and security
- Business Support and Advisory Services for training/capacity building for e-commerce
- Payment of Content development, Product listing (e.g. setting up of merchant store, catalogues, store decoration)
- Advertising, promotion, and Channel Management
- Training workshops and opportunities to enhance ecommerce capabilities
- Annual maintenance or service fees
- Other enhancements that increase traffic and commerce to the business
- Project proposals with comprehensive activities and justified costings within the range of USD$10,000 – USD$15,000 are highly preferred.
Ecommerce Grant Eligibility
To be eligible for the grant, a business/enterprise must meet each of the following conditions:
- Have a valid business registration and conducting business in one of the fourteen (14) Forum Island Countries* (FICs).
- *Cook Islands, Fiji, FSM, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
- Has been trading for not less than twelve (12) months from the date of submitting their application.
- Documentation will need to be provided.
- Must be a member of their respective National Private Sector Organisation or a business network**.
- **If Not a Member, Funding Can Be Made Available with Submission of Application
For further information with regards to the grant guidelines, please contact:
- Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat
- Ratu Sukuna Road, Private Mail Bag, Suva, FIJI
- T: (+679) 331-2600
- E: [email protected]
To be considered for the grant, please click on this link and complete the form no later than 5 July 2022 (Fiji Local Time).
Successful applicants will be contacted by the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat once all applications have been received and assessed.
Republic of Korea-Pacific Islands Forum (ROK-PIF) Cooperation Fund 2021-2023
The E-Commerce Grants For Pacific MSMEs is an initiative under the Republic of Korea-Pacific Islands Forum (ROK-PIF) Cooperation Fund 2021-2023 under the ambit of the Forum’s Pacific E-Commerce Initiative.