Since the recent Panda updates, Google has put an awful lot of effort into tracking the newly termed “Social Signals“. Believe it or not, these Social Signals now influence the first page rankings more and more on all the search engines.
Google, and Bing as well, have begun tracking social signals to rank websites in their search results. In simpler words, if your site is not VERY visible in the top social networks, you will not be getting the best results out of your best SEO efforts.
Streamlining your social media marketing efforts as soon as possible will help you reap long term benefits in the Search Engine World.
So, what to do…
After many hours of Monkey Chatter, we have worked out a simple way to take this in your stride.
Where are you now?
Your first step is to find out where you, well actually we suppose we mean your website or blog, currently stand.
Here’s the secret we use… A little plugin called Social Metrics Pro. Social Metrics Pro gives you a quick snapshot of your current position in terms of socaial signals.
Make a social media plan of action
The simplest one that we have come across (seems like a long list, but it isn;t really) looks something like this:
- Create profile on the Top 3:
- Create a Facebook Page
- Create a Twitter profile for your brand. Use a hashtag to create a brand presence
- Create a Google+ Page for your Site. (email #9)
- Add Social Sharing Buttons to your site. We Monkeys recommend the GetSocial plugin for WordPress
- Add Facebook Like Box and other Social Plugins to your site
- Add Open Graph to your site to fully integrate facebook
- Add Twitter Buttons and Widgets on your site
- Add Google+ Badge and Direct Connect features to your site
- Implement Google Authorship markup on your site
- Have complete profiles on social networking sites. Include keywords in your profile descriptions to help with SEO
- Organize your Google+ Circles
- Redirect users from social media sites to a custom landing page
- Engage your audience by sharing, tweeting, following, responding to their comments. Update regularly on the social networks.
- Link social profiles to each other.
- Use Twitter tools like TweetAdder, Buffer, TwitterFeed and GroupTweet
- Optimize your blog’s RSS feed with Feedburner.
- Make use of the RSS Footer plugin
- Make use of advertising options. Try:
- Twitter Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Sponsored Tweets
- Sponsored Stories
- Google’s Social Extensions with AdWords campaigns
- Measure, analyze and refine your strategy.
- Leverage Social Metrics Pro
- Facebook Insights
- Google Webmaster Tools
Measure, feel and watch…
So you are off and running across the globe in all those networks, now you need to make it a point to track your progress on a regular basis. Unless you track and measure your progress, you will never be able to refine and refocus your efforts in the right direction. This is exactly where Social Metrics Pro can help you out BIG time.
In our Monkey Opinion, social media analytics are really not that complicated. If you use Social Metrics Pro it simply gives you the information you need without unnecessarily complicating things.
With Social Metrics Pro, it’s a walk in the park to see what is happening, even if you are an absolute noob. Social Metrics Pro will give you those much needed insights into your social presence across leading social networks. Once you install the Social Metrics Pro plugin, you will be able to track tweets, likes, +1s, stumbles, diggs and LinkedIn shares for all your posts.
Possibly the BEST feature of this plugin is that you are able to do this conveniently from within your WordPress admin area! Yes indeed no more browser windows and new passwords!
Identify your most popular posts
Next up you can use Social Metrics Pro to identify your most popular posts on all the big social networks.
- Find out which social networks work best for you and your industry, and which of your posts/pages are performing the best for your website.
- Sort and filter the data as you like.
- Perform custom search queries and analyze posts and pages related to certain keywords.
- Posts with highest number of shares show up green.
- Posts with low social media activity show up amber and red.
- Your job is to simply turn reds to greens using social media marketing techniques we already discussed in this course.
Doing this is also going to be a sheer fun! Seeing greens everywhere is just magical. When you have everything in green, you will see magic happening to your site. Increased traffic, more keywords ranked, better overall ranking and definitely, more revenues and so on.
If you haven’t done already, go ahead and get your copy of Social Metrics Pro. Start turning the reds to greens and you will be thrilled with your results.
So go ahead and install and get cracking!